Benefits of LED Lights
Whether you’re extremely energy efficient or simply want to save a bit of money, LED products can be a great way for you and your family to save money and help the environment as well. In fact, researchers believe that LED lighting will one day replace incandescent lights not only in businesses but in homes too. But, what makes LED lights so wonderful? Well, in this article, we’ll discuss five benefits of using LED lights. Are you ready? Let’s get started.
1. LED lights are solid and efficient. They have many styles and are very aesthetically pleasing. The new systems come in 12 or 24 volt configurations. The new 24 volt systems utilize the advantages of line voltage systems with the ease and safety of a low voltage system.
2. LED lights use less power. Yes, this is true. When LED lights are properly designed, they are 60% more efficient than incandescent bulbs. In fact, if you were to use a 100-watt bulb for about a year then you would about $90 on electricity and out of this only $70 would have been used to light the room and the other $20 would have been lost. However, if you switched to an LED light, then your overall cost would be $70.00 and all this would have been used to light the room. So in essence you save over $20 by simply switching to LED lights.
3. LED lights last a very long time. Typically incandescent lights stop working when the filament stops working. However, LED lights fade gradually and they tend to remain over 65% longer than incandescent bulbs. In addition, these bulbs typically last about 40,000 hours whereas incandescent bulbs last about 9000 hours.
4. Energy qualified LED lights have better color. These conventional light sources light up immediately and you don’t have to wait. In addition, they do not flicker when they are turned off.
5. LED lights are an overall better value. LED lights cost more initially but are worth it. You see, these lights cost a bit more initially however, they last 10 times longer and are extremely durable. For instance, these light are not easily broken like the incandescent ones. In addition, they do not get as hot and they don’t contain mercury.
In conclusion, LED lights are solid lights that have a lot of great things to offer budget and environment conscious consumers. Not only are they solid and efficient but also, they use less power and last a long time. In addition, they have better color and are an overall better value. By using these types of lights, you will save yourself money and preserve energy – now what could be better than that?